I’m a warm weather girl, this much I know to be true. Given that I am constantly cold [today in the office I couldn’t feel my fingers or toes for a few hours…] the spring and summer months just agree with me more. Plus, everyone looks better with a little tan, amiright?
That being said: I ADORE THE EVER-LIVING CRAP OUT OF FALL. Side note: I just paused for a moment to wonder where that expression came from, looked it up, found no acceptable answer and decided to use it anyway. Ya’ll know what I mean, and that’s ever-living good enough.
NO, really. Like I don’t just mean “I love pumpkin spice lattes and kicking up leaves with my boyfriend like we’re in A Walk To Remember,” mainly because i’m fairly certain Tim would leave me instantly if I even suggested such an activity. I mean a hearty combination of the clothing, the weather, the outdoor activities, the sports, the food (beef stew is my JAM) and of course, the colors. It’s the photographer in me – I’m always, always busiest during October and November with families wanting to book sessions in the falling leaves and I LOVE IT.
Ok so the weather is just barely turning brisk. Last night’s run was pleasantly less sweaty, but my lungs definitely noticed the temperature difference. I’ll have to work a little harder to get used to that before it gets super cold. But, we’re headed north this weekend to escape Pope-a-Palooza in the mountains and I’m looking at that 68 degree sunny Saturday prediction with total emoji heart eyes.
And, AND! This week’s project is switching my closet around from spring/summer to fall, and if you know me at all, you know that I am the happiest little camper when I’ve got a reorganized closet and a bag for Goodwill at my feet. The good kind of purging, ya know?
Anyway; I decided I would create a Fall bucket list this year to keep track of all of those wonderful activities that come with the season, mainly so I’d have a written reminder of plans I want to make and projects I want to create, mixed in with trips we already have scheduled. Without further ado…
- Pocono Friends Weekend – hopefully hiking and visiting Barley Creek Brewery!
- Bonfire with spiced white wine from Chaddsford Winery
- Attend my first Eagles game with Tim (and tailgate too, of course!)
- Octovalon – friends trip down the shore for Columbus Day weekend
- Painting with a Twist in Media after Oktoberfest beers at Iron Hill
- Make something out of the pallet in my garage (wine racks, perhaps?)
- Try a new pumpkin recipe (2 minute pumpkin mug cake, greek yogurt pumpkin muffins)
- Play pickup soccer with friends on the weekends
- Paint, read, write and photograph more – indulge my creativity
- Celebrate my cousin’s wedding on October 16th!
I’m sure there’s more I already have planned, and more I’ll decide I want to do as the days go by, but this is definitely a good start. Now it’s off to switch sundresses to sweater dresses and dream about crockpot chilli and backyard football : ) Happy Fall!