A few thoughts on this painful return to reality called Monday:
1. Why did I eat so poorly over the past week? (I don’t actually regret it.. but man do I feel sluggish.) On a nicer note, my lunch salad has never tasted so good. #givemegreens
2. Why did I start a brand new linkup right before the holidays? I can be described as an inconsistent blogger at best, and here I go trying to begin a WEEKLY SERIES of something riiiight before I virtually signed off for weeks at a time. Classic Jacqui move. (Side note, we’re back in action. Link your drinks, pals!)
3. I AM GROOT. (best stocking stuffer ever, courtesy of the best boyfriend ever)
4. Mimosas are a gift from heaven and I really, really wish I had one right now. Though, the free (Christmas gift card) Starbucks coffee this morning wasn’t too bad either – nor was the upgrade to Gold status! 2015 – the year I became a coffee addict.
6. I love wrapping. I have already started to plan gifts for all of my upcoming 2016 birthdays and I cannot wait to shop…. for pretty gift bags, tissue paper and bows. Let’s be honest, wrapping paper is just annoying, trash can filling, NON-reusable crap. #giftbagsforlife
7. I am so so lucky to have spent the holidays surrounded by people I love – but I missed seeing my best friends all week! I cannot wait to celebrate New Year’s Eve 1920’s style in Philadelphia – champagne, sparkly dresses and (most of) my favorite people = success.
8. Absolute favorite internet find of the past week, the most truthful screenshot to ever exist:
10. Last, but farthest from least – BEER! What did you drink over the holidays? I’d have to say (despite only having half at a time, sup high alcohol content?) that Troegs Mad Elf still takes the cake, year after year. Have you tried it yet? Better hurry – it always sells out fast around the holidays! Show me your seasonal beer favorites – link up below! : )
“a cheerful ruby red creation reminiscent of ripened cherries, raw
honey and cocoa with notes of cinnamon, clove and allspice.”
Happy Monday – I’ll be back on Wednesday with my first ever Rocksbox Review!