Hi and happy Thursday! I hope you’re all having a wonderful week – though these January days do seem to drag by, we managed to have some sunny weather yesterday and I’m excited to have a minimum amount of plans this weekend : ) Stopping by today to share a recent favorite baking adventure with ya’ll – these Cinnamon Blueberry Protein Muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast (and even better if you’ve got time to warm them up first!)
I found the recipe for these muffins on the back of a recent purchase – Kodiak Cakes Protein Packed Flapjack & Waffle Mix – and upon realizing I had everything I needed I started baking immediately. I ended up with enough mix for 16 muffins instead of 12 but they freeze beautifully and I’ve been enjoying them for over a week now!
Kodiak Cakes officially started in 1995 but their company roots and recipes go back much farther, originating as a family favorite in northern Utah. They not only sell the flapjack & waffle mix, but many other delicious breakfast products as well, and they were kind enough to send me a few to try out! I LOVED the Blueberry Minute Muffin and I’m really excited to try out the Buttermilk and Maple Flapjack on the Go – both of which you can find at a grocery store or Target near you : )
Let me know if you try these out and if you make any delicious modifications! I skipped blueberries in a few of them and added chocolate chips instead and they were fantastic – but now I can’t wait to figure out a way to add peanut butter as well. #sweettooth #stillhealthy?
- 2 cups Kodiak Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/4 cup softened butter (not melted)
- 2 ripe, mashed bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine all ingredients minus blueberries in a mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups 3/4 full and add blueberries
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on rack 5 minutes before removing.
- Chocolate chips can be substituted for blueberries!
- Can be individually frozen or frozen in full batch.