I have literally been counting down the hours this week – I am SO excited to head to Avalon tomorrow afternoon for MDW with Tim’s family! The forecast is looking better ever day, the sangria is prepped and ready and my beach bag is packed up for a few days of lounging with my toes in the sand. It’s taken me awhile – okay, years – to hone down the items I do and do not lug down with us, and I think some of you may benefit from my full list of beach bag essentials – less time thinking and more time drinking Corona in the sunshine ; )
- First and foremost – sunscreen. Guys, please seriously go SPF 30 or over. Skin cancer is not a joke, no matter how much you “tan” when you’re in the sun all day. Bring a few sprays – Neutrogena is my favorite brand – but you should apply lotion to your full body before putting on your bathing suit in the first place! Don’t forget SPF chapstick too!
- I always bring detangler and curl spray along for post-ocean dips – and hair ties!
- A pack of tissues and a pack of hand wipes – especially if you’ve got little ones
- A hat, or two or three! Here are my favorite summer styles, or DIY one you already own!
- Similarly – a book, or two, or three, and some magazines!
- A cute cover-up for your walk to and from, or if you get chilly
- Headphones to zone out (unless you’ve got little ones!) or to take a walk/jog
- Sunglasses and an extra pair just in case
- Bluetooth speakers – preferably sand resistant waterproof ones.
- Your new trendy circle towel ; ) What, you don’t have one yet?! (just kidding, I had absolutely no idea these were even a “thing” until about a month ago. Shop my AE one below!)
- Snacks. This is literally the most important item. Especially when beaching with Tim’s siblings and a plethora of cousins. Someone is always whining for chips and someone (me) always saves the day.
- Beverages. Okay, maybe this is most important… But you’ll need a cooler bag to fit them all ; )
- Koozies and cups. NOT clear cups! Getting arrested might put a damper on your beach day.
- Bottle opener. Btw, it IS actually possibly to open a beer with a metal shovel…
There you have it! – So did I miss anything that you consider among your own beach bag essentials? I hope you all have a happy Friday Eve and a wonderful holiday weekend. I’ll be checking back in tomorrow morning with a holiday inspired outfit!