I’m writing this post in advance because I am 107% sure I will be NOT FEELING IT this Monday after a glorious weekend away in the mountains for Krista’s bachelorette. As in, someone may have to forcibly make me type out emails and answer client calls because this gal is still going to be in full-on vacay mode. Okay; I’ll stop whining now and get to the point of the post ; )
In preparing for this awesome event, I knew I’d want to put together little “welcome bags” for all of the girls. After plenty of scouring the pages of Pinterest, I decided on a few crucial items (which I’ll touch upon in a later recap post) – and one of those items was a pretty hair tie. Almost every tie I saw was wrapped around a swanky custom tag with slogans like – “to have and to hold your hair back” – and I knew I could definitely DIY the crap outta this one instead of spending a small fortune on Etsy. Here you have it, custom DIY hair tie tags!
- Buy your hair ties. I got 2 packs of 6 at Michael’s for $2.99 each, but I also definitely used a coupon because #Michaels
- Create your DIY hair tie tags using the following dimensions: 1200×600 pixels. I used Photoshop, but you can do this for free in PicMonkey! Click “Design” on the main screen and then crop your canvas accordingly.
- Keep your graphics/text up towards the top of the image, as you’ll be wrapping your hair tie around the bottom (or vice versa)
- Save your design, then insert it as an image into a Word document. You can fit 2 per line, with 5 lines, for a total of 10 tags.
- Print out your sheet of tags on FULL SHEET label paper, stick them onto cardstock, and cut the cardstock accordingly.
- Place each hair tie on a tag – Voila! The easiest, cutest, most professional looking, under $1 per person bachelorette favor! ; )
Since our party took in the mountains, I used “Lake Hair, Don’t Care” as my text and added our custom bachelorette design to the center. Can you tell I enjoy going slightly overboard when it comes to event planning? But truly, designing these DIY hair tie tags took me no time at all, and I love adding custom touches to make the weekend more memorable for our beautiful bride : ) Hope you’re all having a happy Monday so far – I’m off to medicate myself with iced coffee and drown my sorrows in our #bigbassbach playlist…!