I know we’ve chatted about my love for Cauliflower Fried Rice before. In fact, I’m literally eating it as I type these words, and probably going to get a pea stuck in my computer keyboard. Nonetheless, it’s amazing. My coworkers are now mad at me because they can smell the deliciousness and their lunches pale in comparison. Annnnd because I love y’all so much (am I allowed to say y’all in PA?) I have a NEW UPDATED UPGRADED STILL DELICIOUS “rice” recipe for you today! Behold: Hawaiian Cauliflower Fried Rice.
It’s ridiculously easy to create – but I do recommend doubling the ham. I was hungry again a few hours later and I think extra protein could solve that slight issue. Apologies for the weird colored photos as well – I wasn’t planning on blogging this BUT IT WAS TOO DELICIOUS not to share. Can you tell from ALL OF MY CAPS LOCK how much I want you to enjoy this dish or…? Also perfect for meal planning and making in advance – Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced - white/green separate
- 1 cup diced ham steak (I recommend doubling!)
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium.
- Add pepper and scallion whites and cook, stirring until tender, 3 minutes.
- Add ham, pineapple and peas and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower rice and teriyaki sauce and cook another 3 minutes
- Serve topped with scallion greens.
- Per serving: 200 cal, 9 g fat (1.5 g sat), 18 g carb, 11 g sugar, 910 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.