Once upon a time, I RSVP’d to a painting & wine blogger party scheduled for a Thursday evening at 7pm. I get done work at 5:30 in the city with a typical 45 minute commute home, so I knew I could make this happen. Fast forward to the day of, where I decide to start work early, leave early, drive said 45 minutes and get in a quick workout in the same shopping center as the paint place. It all sounded great in my head, trust me! Needless to say I was late to the workout thanks to traffic, and gross and sweaty for the entire party thanks to the workout : ) Oh well, Nat and I still had a ton of fun!
If you haven’t heard of these paint & sip studios, you’re probably living under a rock in some crazy super small rock filled town ; ) Pinot’s Palette has a TON of locations and options to make your ladies night / date night / group event a huge success. Here’s how to plan your painting experience!
- First, find your studio, then sign up for a public class (you can see the painting right on the calendar!) or browse your options for a private event
- When it’s time for your party, grab your favorite beverage and plenty of snacks to bring along
- Show up! Pinot’s Palette provides everything you need to paint, plus wine glasses, plates, napkins, bottle openers and more.
We were painting on the Thursday before Halloween, so our art was themed appropriately. Don’t you automatically think of Elpheba from Wicked when you see this!? #bestmusicalever The public painting calendar works pretty similarly – art changes seasonally and sometimes will be based on an upcoming holiday. Wouldn’t a gorgeous snowy scene be an awesome Christmas gift? You can also gift the paint party itself with a Pinot’s Palette gift card!
What a fun night to spend with other local bloggers – including my galpal Nat (quite possibly the most fashionable friend I will ever have) but missing the lovely Jenna who wasn’t able to make it! Oh well, that just means we’ll have to plan another paint party : )
- Have you ever been to a paint party? What did your art look like?
- What kind of wine would you bring to your paint party? (Correct answer: All of it)