WAIT. Do you own a chopper? If yes, keep reading. If no – click here to purchase (NOT an affiliate link, this one is just amazing) – then you may come back and continue. #bossy #notsorry
Okay great, now that we’re all on the same page with the best kitchen appliance of all time, let’s check out this insanely easy and ridiculously delicious recipe. I walked in one night after a particularly grueling boot camp and my mom had a plate of leftovers ready to go – roasted chicken and cauliflower fried rice. You guys, there was enough rice to feed 3 people and I ate every single bite. HOLY WOW BROWN COW. She bought the cauli already “riced” (worth the extra dollar or two for the saved time) and honestly – once it’s cooked with all the veggies and soy, you cannot even tell. Seriously – my father and brother are the pickiest eaters on the planet and they even gave this recipe a stamp of approval. I absolutely had to make my own batch.
Without further ado…”GET TO THE CHOPPA”
Seriously that thing is life changing. Especially if you sob like you’re watching Derek die on Grey’s every time you chop an onion. (Me)
Add in your protein of choice (chicken) and exclude the egg for any dietary issues and you’ve got the most perfect side dish / workday lunch prepared ahead of time. Trust me, this steaming bowl of happiness reheats really well. Find the full recipe for cauliflower fried rice below and have a happy and healthy Monday!
- 1 container of pre-riced cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) diced frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat large skillet on medium high.
- Add olive oil, then add onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add cauliflower and sauté until tender, but not mushy soft.
- Add the peas and carrots and stir until combined.
- Add the beaten egg, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper.
- Stir until the egg coats all of the cauliflower and becomes cooked.
- Add green onions and stir until everything is combined.