It’s hard to get up in the morning, with or without the snooze button. Especially if you have a ridiculously comfortable bed like I do! But waking up and getting ready for work is a necessary evil, so I’ve figured out a few great ways to start my day. Here’s how to make the most of your morning!
- Stretch. Start in bed if you have to. Don’t just hop out of the covers right away – your muscles have been stationary for a long time and you need to get them moving again slowly!
- Wash your face. Even if you’re going to shower soon, simply splashing your face with cool water can help wake you up and help you feel fresh.
- Eat breakfast. A lot of people can’t stomach the though of food in the morning but I know that my metabolism needs the jump start as soon as possible. Lately I’ve been having avocado toast with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder with an egg, and sometimes a peach on the side! I absolutely LOVE summer fruit season : )
- Drink coffee. Whether or not you’re a big breakfast person, enjoying a cup of coffee, a latte or cappuccino while lounging in pajamas is one of the most relaxing ways to start your morning. And I’m pretty certain coffee tastes better when you sip it slowly, versus chugging it down as you rush through your commute!
- Exercise! I know, I know. You just ate! It doesn’t have to be anything crazy, but if you get your body moving before you begin the rest of your day, you’ll feel happier and more productive – I promise. Go for a quick 5 minute walk in your neighborhood or do a 15 minute yoga video from YouTube. Setting aside time each morning to invest in your health is SO important.
- Go through your daily beauty routine, and again – don’t rush! You don’t need to spend an hour in the shower but enjoy the time you do have in the warm water. I also find that on the mornings I take the time to pick out a cute outfit vs. workout clothes and apply even just a little mascara, I feel way more prepared and put together.
- To-do’s: Check your planner and your calendar and single out the top 3 most important work and personal tasks. Even if you’re completely overwhelmed, getting 3 things done will feel like you’re chipping away at the overall list. If you’re heading out for the day, make sure you pack your bags accordingly with a healthy lunch, plenty of water, items you want to return, and anything else you may need!
- Turn on the radio! Don’t save this for last – do it throughout your entire routine. Hear the news and catch up on the latest current events. Listen for the traffic and dance around to all your favorite songs – especially the silly ones that you’re embarrassed to admit that you like ; )
Bonus! If you feel so inclined, take a minute to yourself to pray, think about what you’re grateful for, send well wishes to friends or family who need them or simply enjoy the silence. We’re all busy – I know I rarely get a quiet minute to myself during the day and I’m not even a mom – so it’s important to relish in those moments whenever we can : )
Happy Friday Eve!