I started this blog a few months ago as a way to continuously incorporate more writing, DIY projects and photography into my life, but there have been plenty of unexpected benefits as well. For example: Scrolling through a linkup and clicking on an interesting blog, only to find out that the author is one of your best friends from preschool!
I haven’t seen Christina in quite some time now, so it was great to catch up on her life (she recently got married – you should see the pictures!) and get acquainted with her blog and writing style. She recently started a linkup of her own – Owning It – where bloggers are invited to “own up” to silly or weird things they do or love! I had to jump on board, and intersperse my confessions with random recent photos… Don’t say I ever told you I was normal ; )
1. I’m an idealistically organized list-maker. I will often create to-do lists filled not only with items I intend to complete, but also ones I’ve already completed. I quite enjoy the feeling of crossing off tasks, even if they are wildly simple things I do every single day. Don’t lie… you do it too ; )
2. I am slightly addicted to iwastesomuchtime.com. Please don’t tell my boss. (Just kidding I don’t “waste time” at work!) But seriously, if you need a midday giggle or a (sometimes factual) history lesson, this baby should be in your bookmark bar.
3. Sometimes, if I’m walking alone at night or if I know I’ll be passing someone I don’t want to interact with (a homeless person, or someone wanting to talk with me about Jesus on a Philadelphia sidewalk) I’ll pretend to be having a phone conversation. I say very generic things like “oh really?” and “that’s crazy!” while I pass those people, and then (for the benefit of everyone else in the vicinity) I also pretend to politely end the fake conversation. It’s just easier for everyone if I can appear to be too “busy” to respond with “No I don’t have 10 cents for the bus fare that isn’t actually 10 cents” or “Oh darn, I was really hoping you were going to offer me some Chick-Fil-A coupons.”
4. I have ridiculously bad allergies (2 prescription medicines nightly, 2 shots weekly and stock in Kleenex) so my eyes are often itchy and uncomfortable. And because I have the discomfort tolerance of a 3-year old, I often rub them to alleviate the pain. AND, I often end up with an eyelash or two on my finger afterwards. I then proceed to blow the eyelash away and make a wish – it’s a habit that I acquired back in childhood when I actually believed the wishes could come true, but nowadays it’s just second-nature. Hey, you won’t be laughing when I win the Powerball!
5. I frequently play out potential situations in my mind. If that sounds broad and vague, that’s because it was intended to. I could be in the shower and think about what I would do if my house was being robbed (grab my robe and something heavy?) or I could be driving past the airport and imaging myself witnessing a plane crashing (call 9-11, freak out, tweet 6ABC, and of course help the victims if I’m close enough.) Honestly, it could even be as simple as a conversation with someone at a bar. I’m not picky with my daydreams.
Your turn! What do you want to “own up” to? Don’t forget to head over to Christina’s blog to link up, and be sure to read the rest of the posts – i’m sure they’re just as hilarious as last time! : )