Happy Thursday! I had a fantastic weekend but definitely needed time to recover from the loss of sleep – How very un-adult of me ; ) I saw this post going around with some of my favorite bloggers and I couldn’t resist – I LOVE playing 20 questions IRL so the blog version should be fun for me too! Hopefully my answers amuse you as much as I enjoy writing them…!
1. FAVORITE FOOD? Is this a real question? I love all food. I love a good filet wedge salad. I love my cousin’s fresh baked cookies (go order some ASAP, she’s ridiculously talented.) For that matter, I love pretty much all steak and all baked goods. Also cheddar and sour cream chips. Also, everything. FOOD <3
2. FLIP FLOPS or HIGH HEELS? If I had to pick – heels. I love to be taller!
3. FAVORITE PLACES TO SHOP…FOR ME! Target, duh. Also, H&M and DSW.
4. STANDARD COFFEE ORDER? Tall white chocolate mocha, no whip. I have recently become slightly dependent on caffeine in general, but this remains my favorite Starbucks drink. So much so, that I’ve begun recreating it (or a lesser version of it) at home. The addiction is real, you guys.
5. ROAD TRIP MUST HAVE SNACK? CHIPS. Pirate’s booty. Pretzels. Anything salty!
6. DIY or HIRE IT OUT? Well I don’t currently own my own home so I don’t get much chance to “hire it out” but I don’t think I will in the future either. I’m fairly competent with tools, and pretty crafty when it comes to decorations.
7. TOP 5 TV SHOWS? Game of Thrones, Friends (currently re-watching with Tim, who hasn’t seen every single episode ever, which is incredibly fun) True Detective SEASON ONE, Modern Family and Gray’s Anatomy (even though they killed McDreamy…)
8. FAVORITE BOOK? To Kill a Mockingbird. And before you ask, no I haven’t read Go Set a Watchman yet, but I plan to.
9. FAVORITE FORM OF EXERCISE? Running. I loooove the endorphins!
10. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5’6″ but my bossiness sometimes makes me appear taller. Or perhaps it’s the heels. Whatever ; )
11. DO YOU TRY SOMETHING NEW AT RESTAURANTS OR STICK TO YOUR FAVORITES? Hmmm. This one definitely depends on the time/place/level of hunger. I’m all for trying new things but if I’m starving I sometimes won’t take the chance. One place I never waver – Outback.
12. ONE MAKEUP ITEM YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT? BB Cream! My pale skin needs sunscreen no matter what season it is and the slight tint helps me look a little less pasty : ) I LOVE Garnier’s BB Cream but to be fair, I haven’t really tried any others.
13. WHAT’S ON YOUR NIGHTSTAND? A lamp, tissues, a Lego Sculpture of the Seattle Space needle (Tim’s best Christmas present EVER) chapstick, a vase of fake flowers, and at night – a clip on fan. I’m high maintenance, I guess?
14. ONE THING MOTHERHOOD HAS TAUGHT YOU? Not a mom yet! But I’ll tell you this. The older I get, the closer I am with my mom, and it’s INSANE and STUPID to think back on all the time I wasted being a b*tchy teenager. Sorry Mom! But if I have daughters someday, I’ll definitely take the sass with a grain of salt – hopefully they’ll mature faster than I did ; )
15. MUSIC THAT REMINDS YOU OF HIGH SCHOOL? Oh man. Lots of punk rock lol. When I met my current group of best friends at age 15, they definitely influenced my music tastes far more than any other friends I’d had prior. Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Something Corporate, and OF COURSE, Blink-182. Basically, a ton of stuff we still listen to today!
16. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD OTHER THAN YOUR CURRENT CITY, WHERE? That’s tough. Maybe somewhere in the South, to be warmer? Otherwise, Europe. Rome or Munich! But hopefully I’ll be traveling ANYwhere sometime soon!
17. TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOU WE MIGHT NOT KNOW This is crazy but I TOTALLY agree with Katie – hearing bagpipes in a song gets me weirdly emotional! Same goes for violins, actually… Something else? I spent 12 weeks of last summer with 4 metal pins sticking through my arm/hand and into my bone… read all about my crazy tumor experience here! ; )
19. MORNING PERSON or NIGHT OWL? Honestly, neither. I can stay up late if I know I don’t have to be up early, but my most productive hours are definitely like 2-5pm! Afternoon owl?
20. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE CHORE? I despise emptying the dishwasher. I literally would do ANYTHING ELSE before that chore. Also, hanging up clean clothes annoys me for some reason. Putting away folded ones? No problem. Weird. Favorite chore is probably just cleaning up / decluttering any area. I love when everything is where it’s supposed to be : ) #OCD